Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Fat Tuesday

Good Morning Mr. Mardi Gras, Welcome to the home of "Pea Soup San Diego". My first sunrise photo with no sun at all. It won't last long so enjoy the soft grey light while you can. Every view, gold or grey is amazing here. This shot is of the Harbor Police dock at the point of Shelter Island. Not a bad view even on a grey day. Speaking of Pea Soup. Did your parents ever make you eat the pea soup at that famous restaurant with the windmill?(I wont name names, to protect the chefs that should be strung up by their apron strings) I always thought it tasted like dirt myself. Hated that green goo my Mom thought was such a treat. (feining apoplexey to get away from that table). After I met my husband, the chef, he tried to get me to that eat green goo at home. You know how love is, "I'll humor him, and pretend to eat it and then hide it in my baked potato skin like I when I was seven. One taste, I can deal with one little taste without gagging, I think. After I had scarfed down my second bowl of creamy, steamy, sweet stuff, I realized I had beed duped. I loved my Mom, we had a great relationship, but I realize she was slyly getting me back for not cleaning my room on Saturday, making it a treat to go to "That" place and eat "That" green gross goo. Here's to you mom, you must be laughing in heaven that it took me this long to realize the joke was on me. Who knew, there is actually a delish "pea soup" (like heaven) and I am also learning that lima beans are not torture...

No comments: