Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Damon




Happy Birthday today to my son. He shares his birthday with 1922 - Jack Kerouac which could have been an omen. Jack said "Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion. " and " Write in recollection and amazement for yourself." So that is what I'm doing. These pictures are some of my favorite, taken by my son's father. He is twice as old now as he was in these pictures. He still can "kick flip" and shred waves like he used to, enjoying the day as it comes.


Sunrise today? Still a little grey.
Here we go again, all those people leaving town, bathing suits packed, diets destroyed, Suntan Oil Companies in the money for a change. As long as it is not the geriatric cruise special you'll have a great time. Eat an extra piece of cheesecake for me. Then go to the movie theatre on board and watch Psycho again for the 20th time. If it isn't playing there go to
UTUBE
Since it is Alfred Hitchcock Day they have the original trailer for the movie. I love it, never saw this before, my Mom would have dug it. She used to make me hold her hand while we watched Alfred Hitchcock Presents. It was on later than my usual bedtime, but lucky me, she wouldn't watch alone, relishing being scared but wanting to share the fear. I still want to watch the scary ones, but only if the violence is left to my imagination. and I can imagine a lot.....

No comments: