Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunrise March 5, 2009


Good Morning San Diego,

Are you ready for a day of Tom-foolery? I haven't heard that word since my Grandmother sat me in a corner and told me she had had enough of mine. I wasn't sure then, and I'm not even sure now what that meant. I wasn't playing with anyone named Tom, and when I packed her canning jars with dirt, I thought I was helping her finish filling all those chores she had to do.. According to Wikkipedia, today is The Feast of Fools, known also as the festum fatuorum, festum stultorum, festum hypodiaconorum, or fête des fous, are the varying names given to popular medieval festivals regularly celebrated by the clergy and laity from the fifth century until the sixteenth century in several countries of Europe, principally France, but also Spain, Germany, England, and Scotland. A similar celebration was the Feast of Asses. I'm not sure about that last feast either, I used to have a pet donkey and I can't imagine him covered in barbecue sauce. I think I will just turn on the news today and watch the government chew on what they have been cooking up.

No comments: