Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Sunrise in San Diego




Good Morning Saturday,
Yawn....Pardon my pandiculation. Are you
ready for some Saturday sunshine, surfing and Shenanigans? Shenanigans, I always loved that word, (a little Irish Gaelic, a little mysterious) still don't quite know the exact definition, I will have to look it up. Anyway, I always thought that it meant getting into trouble of some kind that was more fun than naughty. I used it as a nickname for my Daughter, Shannon, calling her "shenanigan" instead. You know you do not realize how a nickname can stick, so be careful when hanging one on your little one. She is still Shenanigan to me though she is over 30 (I won't say how far over) and now nicknamed Penny (you have to ask here how she got that nickname) and she's still that playful, almost naughty personality, creatively looking for fun on the flip side of what is mundane. She'll be outside today, broken leg and all, coaching that raucous roller derby team to a bruised but well deserved victory. Check out Penny McSquish http://http://www.derbydolls.com/sd/meetthedolls/index.html. Also be careful as a young mother what you wish for for your children. "What you dream about you think about, what you think about you bring about." I dreamed of lots of trophies lining Shenanigans walls (tennis, equestrian??) and she has them, they just have a pair of bronze roller skates on them.....

No comments: