Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sunrise March 21 2009

Good Morning San Diego,
AM city lights for you to enjoy today, since the sun is still on hiatus. One of my heros was honored today (a few years back) 1985 Arthur Ashe was named to International Tennis Hall of Fame. I met him at Balboa Tennis club not long after; he was genuinely friendly to all the players there, even though we were just a small public tennis club, (dues were like $30 a year). He is known for a couple of quotes that have always made sense to me: "You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy."[8]
"If one's reputation is a possession, then of all my possessions, my reputation means most to me."[9] Of all the tennis players, he has still the best reputation, in my opinion. For all of you who don't think so much of that, I know you are happy because today is also the anniversary of the day in 1963 Alcatraz federal penitentiary in San Francisco Bay closed. Wow what a relief.....

No comments: